Accessible accommodation is 100% guaranteedApartments and common areas
RuralSuite had developped a universal concept where any type of appartment or common area is created specifically for disabled persons, actually it works for everybody
- Accessible accommodation for people with various kinds of disability. 100 % wheelchair accesible
- All suites are located at street level, so there is no need of ramps or stairs to get into the suites. (except suite one, which has a small ramp)
- All rods for hanging clothes are at a height of 140 cm.
- All shutters are electric and control mechanisms are situated at a height of 90 cm , very accessible.
- Each suite has a bell with light signal for the hearing impaired.
- There is a large free space at a side of the bed and also clear space under it
- There is one suite with permanent Braille labeling .We have the possibility to arrange the other ones on demandAll suites are located at street level, so there is no need of ramps or stairs to get into the suites. (except suite one, which has a small ramp)
- The room doors have a minimum width of 80 cm and all the cabinet doors which separate for instance the living room to the kitchen, are sliding
- Guide dogs for the blind beings are welcome
Common services in all the apartments, without distinctionsFully accesible for wheelchair travellers
We have designed wide spaces to the various elements necessary to transfer and perform a 360º in a wheelchair.
We know that the level of detail required by a person with a disability is really important and that is why we have created an exhaustive list of services and requirements in order to satisfy all their needs, for instance:
Acccessible TourismGuided tours with automatic all-terrain vehicles
We promote universal accesibility, offering tourism experiences for everyone
We organise all kind of activities, including guided buggy , quad bikes and 4×4 adapted tours. All quads are automatic and they can be driven by people with different level of disability in motor skills , even blind people can be seaten with our guide in a double seater buggy and he/she will help to evoque the nature feelings.
Universal AccesibilityResponsible Tourism. We take special care for each guest , disabled or nor disabled, as any exclusion should exist.
Since the beginning, our aim was to create a singular type of accommodation focused on the “Inclusive Tourism” , not only for travelers with reduced mobility, more precisely to all people whom are welcome as customers and guests. We have developped a universal concept where any type of appartment or common area is created specifically for disabled persons, actually it works for everybody , meaning disabled and non disabled as we think that it should not exist any exclusion for “special needs” .
How to reach the universal accessibility standards?
The key matter is the common sense to study every detail of our “inclusive” design which of course meets the required regulations and specifications but most important, being not noticeable. We have been assisted by the ONCE Foundation and PREDIF, the most important organisations in terms of accesibility, and after a tough work together, we are very satisfied with the universal concept created : RuralSuite Hotel -Appartments *** that has been already awarded with:
“Award for Global Accessibility in 2011 – obtained just one one year after our opening, given by the Navarra Chamber of Commerce and Industry, awarded us with the
“Responsible Tourism Award in 2015” our most important achievement , a worldwide award in themrs of Responsible Tourims and accessibility